Booking and usage conditions:
- The client is obliged to treat the bike given to him by Flying Wheels GmbH with care and to return it according to the contract.
- The customer has to check the bike for any damage and defects upon acceptance. By using the bike, the client confirms to have taken over the bike free of damages and defects. During the use of the bike the client has to report any defects and damages directly to Flying Wheels GmbH. In case of damage caused by use, the client is exclusively liable. In case of damage, the client is liable to pay the costs of replacement parts and repair to Flying Wheels GmbH.
- In case of clauses 1 and 2, the Client expressly authorizes Flying Wheels to charge the compensation directly to his/her credit card.
- The client confirms for him/herself and for the person(s) legally represented by him/her in the contractual relationship with Flying Wheels GmbH to be fit to drive and to be allowed to drive an electric bike. In case of doubt, the client is responsible for making appropriate inquiries with Flying Wheels or the guide before starting the ride.
- The takeover of the bike and its use by the customer is exclusively at his own risk. Rides on public roads and in nature on various paths and inclines / declines are always associated with risks. The participant takes these risks consciously and on his own responsibility according to his abilities. Explanations and instructions from Flying Wheels (e.g. before the start of the ride or by the guide during the ride) are to be followed by the client on his own responsibility. The client alone is responsible for the observance of traffic regulations and his own safety, in particular the wearing of protective devices (bicycle helmet, etc.). The customer confirms that he/she is adequately insured for risks that the use of a bike may entail. He acknowledges that he is not insured by Flying Wheels Ltd. For damages caused by the client to himself/herself or to a third party by receiving the services of the Flying Wheels GmbH, in particular by riding a bike, or which are caused to him/her by any cause whatsoever, any liability of the Flying Wheels GmbH and its auxiliary persons is rejected - as far as legally permissible. In all other respects, the liability of Flying Wheels GmbH is limited at most to the fee paid to it by the client.
- Should one or more provisions of this contract be or become invalid or ineffective, or should the contract contain a loophole, this shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions. The invalid or ineffective provisions shall be interpreted or replaced in such a way that they correspond as closely as possible to the intended purpose of the contract. The same shall apply in the event of a gap in the contract.
- The place of jurisdiction for all disputes in connection with business activities of Flying Wheels GmbH is Interlaken (CH). Swiss law is applicable
- more than 24 hours in advance free of charge
- less than 24 hours in advance 100% of the booking amount
Of course, there are no cancellation fees if the date of the booking has to be postponed, provided that the booked service is available on the desired alternative date.
Bad weather conditions:
We conduct our guided tours and rentals even in non-sunny weather (e.g. rain).
In case of bad weather conditions (e.g. rain) please contact us in advance, taking into account the cancellation conditions, so that we can arrange a new date. We will be happy to reschedule to an alternative date, subject to availability of the desired bike(s) or tour on the alternative date. If the customer cancels in advance or does not show up on the agreed date (applies mutatis mutandis to an agreed alternative date), the customer will be charged the cancellation costs according to the above cancellation rules.
In case of very bad weather (thunderstorm, storm, hail) the tour will not be carried out for safety reasons. The decision about this will be made by Flying Wheels. In case of cancellation by Flying Wheels, payments already made will be refunded.
We do not share your data with unauthorized third parties. In the case of a partner activity that is booked through us (e.g. paragliding), we pass on your name, telephone number and email address to the partner. This is to ensure that you are correctly listed in the partner's participant lists and that you can be informed should the partner activity change in time or have to be cancelled.
Your personal data entered on our homepage will be stored and processed by the companies that provide us with booking software: Checkfront Inc, 777 Broughton Street, 3rd floor, Victoria, BC, Canada, V8W 1E3 ( https://www.checkfront.com/privacy ) and app-room GmbH, Täfernstrasse 22a, 5405 Dättwil / Switzerland ( https://app-room.ch/unternehmen/agbs ).